Flow Cytometry Core Facility Manager
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- BSc Applied Biology with Quality Management
- MSc Bioinformatics
- PhD “Multiplex PCR Suspension Array Method Development for High-Throughput NIDDM Disease Association.”
Principal Research Interests:
- Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cell biology biopharmaceutical research
- Stem cells for treatment of Diabetes Type 1
- Pancreatic islet isolation for the treatment of Diabetes Type 1
- Stem cells for ocular regeneration
- Ocular stem cells for therapeutic application
- Enhanced wound-healing strategies for corneal and dermal repair
- Kelly PS, Gallagher C, Clynes M, Barron N. Conserved microRNA function as a basis for Chinese hamster ovary cell engineering. Biotechnol Lett. 2015;37:787-798.
- Re-programming CHO cell metabolism using miR-23 tips the balance towards a highly productive phenotype. Biotechnol J. 2015;10:1029-1040.
- Monger C, Kelly PS, Gallagher C, Clynes M, Barron N, Clarke C. Towards next generation CHO cell biology: Bioinformatics methods for RNA-Seq-based expression profiling. Biotechnol J. 2015;10:950-966.
- Browne, C. Surlis, A Maher, C. Gallagher et al. Prolonged pre-incubation increases the susceptibility of Galleria mellonella larvae to bacterial and fungal infection. Virulence. 2015
- Kelly, C. Gallagher, M. Clynes, N. Barron. Conserved microRNA function as a basis for Chinese hamster ovary cell engineering. Biotechnol Lett. 2014.
- McMahon, C. Gallagher, N. O’Reilly, M. Clynes, F. O’Sullivan, K. Kavanagh. Exposure of a corneal epithelial cell line (hTCEpi) to Demodex-associated Bacillus proteins results in an inflammatory response. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55(10):7019-28.
- Gallagher, C. Clarke, S. T. Aherne, K. Katikireddy, P. Doolan, V. Lynch, S. Shaw, A. Bobart-Hone, C. C. Murphy, M. Clynes, W. Power, and F. O’Sullivan, Comparative transcriptomic analysis of cultivated limbal epithelium and donor corneal tissue reveals altered wound healing gene expression., Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., 2014.
- Sanchez, P. Kelly, C. Gallagher, N. T. Lao, C. Clarke, M. Clynes, and N. Barron, CHO cell culture longevity and recombinant protein yield are enhanced by depletion of miR-7 activity via sponge decoy vectors, Biotechnol. J., vol. 9, pp. 396–404, 2014.
- Sanchez, M. Gallagher, N. Lao, C. Gallagher, C. Clarke, P. Doolan, S. Aherne, A. Blanco, P. Meleady, M. Clynes, and N. Barron, MiR-7 Triggers Cell Cycle Arrest at the G1/S Transition by Targeting Multiple Genes Including Skp2 and Psme3, PLoS One, vol. 8, 2013.
- O’Reilly, C. Gallagher, K. Reddy Katikireddy, M. Clynes, F. O’Sullivan, and K. Kavanagh, Demodex-associated Bacillus proteins induce an aberrant wound healing response in a corneal epithelial cell line: possible implications for corneal ulcer formation in ocular rosacea., Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., vol. 53, pp. 3250–3259, 2012.
- C. Mansergh, R. Vawda, S. Millington-Ward, P. F. Kenna, J. Haas, C. Gallagher, J. H. Wilson, P. Humphries, M. Ader, and G. J. Farrar, Loss of photoreceptor potential from retinal progenitor cell cultures, despite improvements in survival, Exp. Eye Res., vol. 91, pp. 500–512, 2010.